Thursday, October 27, 2011

Featured: Brow Haus


We go to salons just to have our hair styled...
We go to spas to have our skin pampered...
We go to nail salons to have our fingers and toes groomed...
So why not take time to groom our eyebrows as well? I believe that the eyebrows are an essential part of our face, because they frame and define our faces.  Having our eyebrows groomed is as important as having our hair cut regularly, and that is why I only trust my brows to Browhaus, the brow experts.

I used to have very thick and messy eyebrows, so whenever I fail to maintain it, I end up looking like a cave man. I also used to have it threaded at a waxing salon for 100 pesos. Sure, the price is cheap, but the outcome does not really satisfy me. First of all, the threading there is awfully painful, because they use regular thread (you know, the threads you use in stitching cloths). Browhaus, on the other hand, DOES NOT use regular thread. Instead, they use imported threads specialized for the face.  Secondly, the service in that waxing salon isn’t really that nice because they don’t really shape my brows well! My brows end up uneven and funny-looking.

I first knew of Browhaus when I was browsing my Belle De Jour planner (the greatest planner that has ever existed, I must say). My planner had 69 coupons inside, including a coupon for Browhaus. I got interested, so I searched “Browhaus Philippines” in the internet. I dropped by different blogging sites telling their own experiences about Browhaus. Each and every one of them said that their experiences were terrific, wonderful, and nothing less than excellent. They also said it was less painful because the Browhaus’  “brow architects” knew everything when it came to brows. My eyes zoomed in into the phrase “LESS PAINFUL”, because I have incredibly low tolerance to pain. I got interested right away. I was excited to have my brows styled there.

It was a perfect timing when my friend asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I immediately responded that I wanted to have my brows threaded at Browhaus. So on my birthday, we went to Serendra (where Browhaus is located). I saw a poster of an eyeball wearing a wig. Then, I saw the sign that said “BROWHAUS, the brow architects”. Oooohhh. I got even more excited.


When I entered Browhaus, I noticed that their walls had different pictures of eyebrows in different shapes, shades, and styles. It’s really cool, because you can actually pick a style from their walls! The ambiance was totally relaxing too.

 My “brow architect” was Miss Izza. She was very kind and she made me feel very welcome. She also acted very professional and smart (oh, and not to mention that she was pregnant that time!). She asked me to sit down on a comfortable, reclined leather seat.  She carefully examined the shape of my face. She then told me that my brows were too rectangular and uneven. She asked me how old I was, and I said I was only fifteen, that is why I didn’t really want overly thin brows. I remember telling her this: “Gusto ko po ng brows na may shape..pero hindi ung over sa nipis dahil highschool palang ako... ung parang Nikki Gil o Claudine Barretto lang. May shape, pero hindi super manipis.” I was surprised that Ms. Izza understood me. She knew exactly what I wanted, as if she could read my thoughts. You know, whenever I would tell this exact statement to the girl in the waxing salon where I used to have my brows threaded, she would always misunderstand me. She would always end up threading my brows into a funny, rectangular shape. Whenever I would complain to her that I don’t like it, she would snare and tell me that those were what I asked her to do. “Sabi mo ayaw mo nipisan, kaya ayan”, she would always say in her snobbish voice. Toink. Talk about unfriendly service! But I was very much surprised when Ms.Izza of Browhaus knew exactly what style and shape I wanted!

Ms. Izza first told me what she was going to do.  She showed me a picture of the particular brow style from their wall. She said that the style I wanted was the “soft arch brows”( I forgot what the exact  term was haha). So anyway, while I was being threaded, I was surprised that it was less painful! Well, it was not exactly “pain less”, but it wasLESS painful. I asked her why was that so. Miss Izza said that it was because she is using imported 100% cotton thread that is specially designed for the FACE.  She said that the skin of the face is very sensitive, so it is not really good to use normal thread. She kept on emphasizing to me that Browhaus uses special thread, which makes them different from other salons out there. Also it is less painful because the brow architects of Browhaus are experts, and they know of techniques in threading. Each and every one of them was extensively trained in Singapore, where the first Browhaus started in.

The procedure took half an hour. Miss Izza was very careful and precise in shaping my eyebrows. Unlike the other chaka salons out there, who would just merely remove the extra strands and leave it that way(without even taking sweet time in making sure that what they are doing is right), Browhaus was very careful in shaping my brows into perfection.  After threading my brows, she put “ice cream” on it (that’s what they call their soothing cream...catchy, isn’t it?).
I like Browhaus because they are very accommodating, friendly, and professional. Every peso was worth it! I am in love with my brows right now. My sisters and mother also told me how much the like my brows! Even Ms.July, my make-up artist from Bambbi Fuentes who did my prom hair n makeup, said that my brows were perfect!  

Ever since then, I became a regular customer at Browhaus. I introduced this to my mom and sisters, too! And guess what? THEY LOVED IT and thought that it was BROWRIFFIC!
I make it a point to have my brows groomed regularly ONLY at Browhaus.

So don't take chances when it comes to your brows. When it comes to brows, nothing beats Browhaus!

Here is their price list:
  1. Brow construction
-reconstruct your brows to its rightful shape. In our quest for the perfect arch, we have found the way to construct every individual’s best brow- from angle to peak, root to tip.
*classic threading= 580 pesos
*modern tweezing= 580 pesos

2. Browgraphy
-Add color tweaking to your thread or tweeze for a full browgraphy. In addition to shaping, brows are also lightened or darkened a notch to achieve perfect harmony.
*threading= 1,280 pesos
*tweezing= 1,280 pesos

3.Color Tweak
-If your brows demand an extra boost of color, we have vegetable-based dyes in our arsenal of tools to give you that brow je ne sais quoi. Soften features with a lighter shade or darken your brows for added definition. For the true perfectionist, there is no perfect brow without the perfect color.

4.Brow Resurrection ver 2.4
*full brows= 35,000 pesos
* lengthening= 25,000 pesos

5.Brow Tuning ver 2.4
* 4,500 pesos

6.Lashgraphy
-Sometimes, feminine wiles call for a deeper gaze. Unleash the full power of your sexy, fluttering lashes by tinting them a shade darker for a more dramatic, mysterious look.

7. Lash in bloom ver 2.1
*3,800 pesos

8. Sideway thread
-Overworked hormones tend to result in unwanted furry action where there shouldn’t---the face. We give you stroke-worthy cheeks and chin with this smooth solution.
*900 pesos

9. Complete workout
-A full face treatment: brow construction, upper smooth, face, and forehead threading for the ultimate refined look.

Individual threads
Upper lip: 200 pesos
Lower lip: 200 pesos
Forehead: 320 pesos
Sideburns: 640 pesos
Chin: 320 pesos
Fingers: 260 pesos
Cheeks: 320 pesos

                                                    BRANCHES IN MANILA :
2F Serendra Bonifacio High St. Bonifacio Global City Taguig 
Store Hours: 
Sun-Thurs: 11AM to 9PM 
Fri-Sat: 11AM to 10PM
T: +632 9010597
M: +63 917 5771352 

4F Greenbelt 5 Phase 2 Legaspi Street, Ayala Center Makati 
Store Hours:
Sun-Thurs: 11AM to 9PM 
Fri-Sat: 11AM to 10PM
T: + 632 5013998 


They also have branches in Singapore, New York, Shanghai, Jakarta, and Hongkong.
You may visit them at www.browhaus.com

I am sure you all are excited for my before and after photos! Here they are:


PS. I am not being paid or anything. haha. I am just really happy with my experience at Browhaus, that is why I am writing this review. :)
I got this picture from manilareviews.com


Lovin' my brows! 


I had my brows groomed @ Browhaus Greenbelt 5 last Sunday. :)
I totally love my brows. Too bad I didn’t get to take a picture of my brows before having them groomed, though. Oh well, maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Share your thoughts with us and I'll do my best to respond. :)