Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Seedling at heart.


           Seed didn’t just teach me how to read or to write or to calculate the mass in grams of a single Carbon atom. Seed taught me some things that, to me, are more important than those. Seed taught me how to be determined; how to be strong; how to speak with confidence; how to be flexible; how to be disciplined; how to love and care; how to appreciate each blessing given to me; how to treat my fellowmen well;  and most importantly, Seed taught me what it’s like to have a second family.
       My favourite people in Seed would definitely be my batchmates. We have this really strong bond that no one could EVER break. But FYI, we weren’t always THIS close. In fact, the two sections of our batch were , quote and quote, “enemies” back then. I remember when the two sections used to fight during 6th grade, when we competed during the Olympics 2008. And I remember during the Christmas presentation of 2009, when we had trouble on finalizing what concept we wanted our production number to have. We were kids back then, and we had petty fights, and we weren’t really in good terms.
But lo and behold, we suddenly became closer than ever during our first “Senior Moment” – the Horror Booth. We bonded for days, and together, we all put up the most memorable horror booth yet. Days prior the school fair, we all stayed in two connected classrooms, with its windows covered in newspaper. We masked the sharped edges in the vicinity with crumpled papers and masking tape, put up the black lights, painted the props, and made the fake blood potion composed of corn starch and food coloring.
Before the horror booth’s first actual run through, we held hands, prayed together, and shouted, “Let’s go SENIORS!!”
Ever since then, we became the closest of all batches. And that’s one thing I learned from Seed- love and forgiveness. We forgot everything in the past, and just, all of a sudden, became grown-ups. And I’m happy that we all were able to spend the last year in highschool with one another.
----
Right now, traces of the past suddenly comes into my mind. I realize that every day spent with the BEST batchmates ever is the best day of my highschool life.
I remember random memories that we thought would last forever. We honestly thought that highschool would never end, didn’t we?
Let’s rewind back to December.
Who would ever forget the BEST Christmas production we’ve ever had? C’mon, I know everyone will agree with me. Our concept was amazing. Our costumes were cute. Our music was upbeat, and our steps were fun. And most of all, we were ONE.
We rehearsed together; laughed together; group-hugged together; prayed together...
On stage , we jumped and fooled around, and had our very own worlds. As we shouted, howled and danced together, I couldn’t help but think at the back of my mind, that we were having fun, because we were family...

And let’s fast forward to February, the intrams month. Who would ever forget the Vixens, the Arsenals and the Knights? Teamwork and camaraderie was everywhere. We loved our teams, and even the teams we competed with. The cheers we chanted were funny, our jerseys were...okay, the games were exciting, nobody was a sore loser and most of all, we enjoyed each others’ presence, because we were family....
Let’s skip a few days, and suddenly, it’s prom night. Everyone looked beautiful in their gowns, and handsome in their suits. Everyone ate and danced like crazy. I remember when the boys formed a train and danced around the venue. The girls went barefoot, because their heels were killing them. The lights blinked different colors, and everyone enjoyed the night until the clock struck 12. We achieved our dreams of having the best prom ever, because we were family...
Let’s forward to March and I see everyone covered in mud. We hugged each others’ waists as we slid down the mudslide, not bothering to know what was actually inside the mud pit.
I remember the team building games: The obstacle race, tug-of-war, and of course, the Earthball. Everyone was both attracted to and scared of the gigantic ball. We practiced teamwork and coordination.
And then it was recollection time. Everyone started tearing up. We talked, apologized, confessed, thanked, and hugged one another. We laughed, cried, smiled and prayed together, because.... we were family.....
And then, just one week before today, we were rehearsing for our graduation. We practiced marching, and ran through the program, not realizing that those were the last days we would be spending time as Seedlings in school.
We were, are, and will always be a family.
-------------- (5 second pause) -----------
I love Seed, and everyone in it. And to be honest, I find it really hard to let go of my home for 12 years. Yes, I’ve been a Seedling for 12 years- and that’s ¾ of my existence so far.  Seed saw me learn, hope, cry, laugh, blossom, and grow into the girl I am today. And all I want to do right now is say thank you.
Thank you to the Lord for helping us climb this ladder. For helping us stay, persevere and accomplish. Highschool was a walk of faith, and I’m glad that the Lord never failed to walk this journey with us.
Thank you to our parents, for not only letting us study in Seed, but for also believing in us. It’s not hard raising a child, you know. Believe me, I used to raise 5 rabbits, and mind you, it wasn’t that easy. What more to raise a human? So to our parents, thank you.... for raising us well; for praying for us; for providing for us; for being patient with us; for helping us; for loving us; for caring for us. Thank you because you gave us a childhood that we could look back to with a big smile on our faces. We love you.
       
Thank you to the Seed aids for never failing to help us out. Thank you, Ate Malou, aka “Ate Good Morning”, for always greeting the people around the school campus, young or old,  a “good morning”. Thank you Lolo or Mang Miyong because you love to help out in the Seed; for proving to us that when it comes to helping, age is nothing.  Thank you, Kuya Tunnel for helping us carry our bags, and for guarding the keys and highschool gate at all times. Thank you, Ate Irene for helping us out in the Xerox machine. Thank you,  Kuya Anghelo for being the “sound system master” every time there’s a presentation being held at the covered court. Thank you to everyone. You are too many to mention!  J
Thank you to our teachers. Thank you for giving us a great learning environment. Thank you for teaching us, guiding us, molding us, and loving us. Thank you for never, ever giving up on us. Thank you for believing that every student is “possible”; For believing that every student has potential; For believing that we have a purpose. Thank you for disciplining us like a father, loving us like a mother, and treating us like a friend. We are we who we are because of all of you. So, thank you because you all have touched our lives, and that to us, your legacy will remain forever.

Thank you to the Seed. Thank you to the office administration for cheerfully smiling at us upon handing us letters and receipts. Thank you to the guidance counsellor, Teacher Millet, for always ready to support and listen to us. Thank you Teacher Mai for inspiring us to be proper and graceful in our actions. Thank you, Teacher Lily, for your ever-so-bubbly ambiance. You make us smile because you’re so friendly and understanding to us. And of course, thank you , Teacher Mavis and Sir Noel, for planting the Seed in our hearts. Thank you for providing a great environment where there aren’t any bullies, stereotypes, horrific authorities and such. I, was, am, and will always be a proud Seedling. And when I grow up, I know in myself that I’m going to carry the Seed banner with pride.
Thank you, because you have given me a second home, for giving us a second home.
And today, we gather in this place not only as Seed Alumnae, not only as batchmates, but of couse, as family.
To my batchmates, congratulations. I love each and every one of you. Although it hurts that we’re going to leave each other for the first time in our lives, I’m also proud of us. I hope that we won’t ever lose this bond that we have. Cheers to the end of highschool, and to the 4 more years to come!
And 20 years from now,  when we’re all lawyers or doctors or teachers or fashion designers or pilots or chefs or singers or scientists or painters or managers or businessmen or architects, we would see ourselves looking back to this memory of us studying in a small school at Samonte Street, and that we called this place home.

2 comments:

  1. I enrolled my child at Seed, she's an incoming Gr. 1. :) I hope she gets the "education" that would jive the needs of this generation. I also blog (social media strategist/freelance writer) on the other side of the moon, that's how I found out abt your page. Keep it up girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Share your thoughts with us and I'll do my best to respond. :)