Friday, May 10, 2013

Hershey gets the beach waves that she has always wanted

     From reading my previous posts, some of you may have concluded that I've been going through a very rough route the past couple of months. And yes, I must admit that I've been through a lot recently-- and because of that, I've also decided to give myself a makeover, both internally and externally. So expect a better Hershey to come your way real soon; or as I'd like to call it, a Hershey v2.0. I just realized I needed to fix myself in some aspects, and that I really want to rebrand myself as someone who is now better than she was yesterday. But I guess this is getting too personal, so let's not go any deeper into that. Haha.

     Anywaayyy, in the process of creating a new and improved version of me, I finally gave in to the idea of changing my look . And one part of that is doing something drastic with my hair. I've wanted to perm my hair since then, but I didn't really have the time to do so. But just two lazy Sundays ago, I woke up in bed feeling bored with my life my hair, and  I told myself that it was probably a sign that I should get started with my long-wanted "makeover" that day.
------------------------------

 Azta Urban Salon (Eastwood branch) 
Hair stylist: Sir Jo




OUTFIT DETAILS
Oversized sweater: GAP (a birthday gift from Marius!)
Shorts: Forever 21
Neon flats: Primmadonna (a birthday gift from my bestfriend, Ji!)
Gold satchel: Bagellia Filipinas
Hat: tiangge


Compulsory "before-getting-made-over" shots! haha!





     I arrived at the salon at around 3:00pm. I was a regular customer there, so everyone around me was so warm and friendly.

    After explaining that what I was aiming for was "sexy" beach waves, the amazing Sir Jo recommended that my hair be set in both large and medium curls. His assistant, Janice, was very lovely, too. :)



setting my curls




They gave complementary drinks, too! I was asked to pick from coffee, iced tea and milk tea.
Guess what I chose?
(in fairness, it was super yummy! made me want to try this at home. haha!)


Setting the curls took lots of time, and being the girl-who-gets-bored-easily, I ended up taking lots of goofy photos to entertain myself....






I am Medussa.




Fun story: While I was "attached" to this, idk, heating machine (lol), I saw one of my favorite bloggers, Miss Aisa Ipac, enter the salon. I wanted soo badly to approach her but..... I thought that it would be rather awkward to greet (or at least wave at) her while I was, you know..... stuck.



After the heating process which took about an hour (if im not mistaken), they placed some sort of chemical on my hair. Miss Janice said that its purpose was to hold or keep my curls.



After that, they rinsed my hair and put treatment on it. 


I didn't know that digital perming could be THAT tedious! The process took soooo long! But the 4-hour wait was really worth it. :)



And for the results!
Drum roll, please!!!

Ta-daaa!








The awkward "what-the-hell-do-i-do-with-my-arm" pose

*Disclaimer: According to Azta, the curls seen in these photos are still "tight". In a week or two's time, it will loosen up eventually and will appear long and sexy - the kind of waves I've wanted in the first place.





I'm really happy with the service Azta Urban Salon gave me. Not only was everyone  kind and accommodating, but they were also very professional in what they were doing. I am very satisfied with my new look, too :) And I can honestly say that my confidence boosted because of this bold step towards change. Change is good; cheers to a new me! :)

xoxo,
The Teenage Queen




8 comments:

  1. ugh! jealous! hahaha!:)) wish i had long locks already to do this! straight hair is quite tedious to handle! Love it, hershey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!I love your curls.
    Just want to know hm did you pay to get that sexy curls?~_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! thank you! it depends sa length ng hair mo eh :) Mine was a little pricey :( but super worth it!:)

      Delete
  3. hi! new follower here. :)
    been wanting to have my hair permed too. love how it turned out on you.
    love your casual outfit also. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. ano na po itsura ng curls nyo ngayon? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful curls.. how long did it last???

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Share your thoughts with us and I'll do my best to respond. :)