Monday, October 28, 2013

Back on Track


OUTFIT:
Denim vest: bazaar
Sheer top: a gift from my cousin
Mustard yellow shorts: bazaar
Sandals: Cotton On

Photos taken by: Ken Reyes










You know, I've been thinking.
For the past few months, things haven't been the way they used to be. And I could honestly say that I haven't been my cheerful, happy self as well. Not only that- everything around me's different, too.
 It scares me how day by day, these itsy bitsy, seemingly unnoticeable changes occur.. but then BAM! The next thing you know, everything's changed. Completely.


I still clearly remember.

I remember getting so consumed by the hurt.
I remember sleepless nights.
I remember crying in layers of pillows, of blankets, and of darkness.
I remember early morning showers where all I do is bring myself together and prepare to face another day in which I had to pretend that everything was all right. But I wasn't. And things weren't.

But everything stopped, eventually. Thankfully.

Lessons and realizations.
 I realized that Life is short, that Life goes on, and that Life doesn't stop for anyone.

I learned all about perspective.
And I chose to be happy.


"Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are always sad. But it's everything in between that makes it all worth living for." -Sandra Bullock



These photos were taken at Manila Bay just last Saturday. And can I just share that for the first time in history, I actually asked my friend to sit under the sky with me and watch the sunset. And boy, I am so glad we did.

The try-hard-poet in me didn't just see a sunset. She saw something more symbolic.
A revelation.
A closure.
An end.
And a new beginning.

(c) Ken Reyes

And beginnings are beautiful and wonderful and full of hope.
I am thankful that God has given me plenty more reasons to cherish and be happy about.

xoxo,
The Teenage Queen


*Meanwhile, here's a photo of me and Ken celebrating his 18th birthday at Vikings, MOA by the bay. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your perspective and it's quite true. When your sad, the world doesn't stop on your behalf, so what to do right? We shouldn't sulk or feel bad for ourselves. We should move on and choose the better path and be happy. :) I'm sure you have things to look forward to. :) Stay pretty and happy!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Share your thoughts with us and I'll do my best to respond. :)