Sunday, December 29, 2013

CAPTIVATE 2013 : Are You Ready To Surrender?

Captivate 2013, a sem-ender party organized by the UP Sigma Alpha Nu Sorority Manila, was the first ever event that I was official project coordinator of. Having been one of my milestones this 2013, I have to admit that this was such a beautiful learning experience . Not only did I get to learn about stuff like logistics, finances, sponsorships, collaborations and x-deals; I also learned that I can't really get anything done without help from the people around me. And that is why I want to thank EVERYONE who made this HAPPEN.


To the sponsors, thank you so much for everything. Ms. Ferge of Cabana Events, thank you for always answering my every.single. text.message and late night calls. I'm sure we definitely shared a bond over the past 5 weeks. Lol. To the lovely ladies of Green Lens Photo Studio, thank you for your support and for your trust. To Browhaus, Whisked Pastry Kitchen, and 103.5 KLITE FM, thank you for making this benefit party possible.

Sinag, Indayog and SHOOT UPM, thank you for your participation. You guys are more than awesome.

To my sisses, thank you for trusting in me. I've only been a sis for 4 months and yet you have trusted me to be the OPC of this traditional event. I can't thank you girls enough for this amazing learning experience. Thank you to my "mommy", LC Jam Reyes, for always listening and reminding me to breathe. Thank you also for reminding me why I love the Sorority and why I'm doing all of these. Thank you to my ever-so-beautiful (hahaha) batchmates for the never-ending support, and for being the ones I could run to whenever I needed a hand (or hands and feet and mouth and eyes and everything else, for the matter). I'm so happy I have you both. The 13s rock!! Thank you to the rest of my girls for helping out, especially to my "pseudo batchmate" Bekai Tuparan for getting drinks sponsors and for always being bibbo in this project. We were all so stressed with the preparations and everything, but I'm so happy we have each other. I can't even imagine college life without you all.

Brods, thank you for your support. Thanks for always making me laugh at the tambayan whenever I feel like giving up. I swear, you guys never fail to cheer me up. I've always wanted to have a brother, and I'm thankful I was given more than what I've asked for,Than you also or coming to the party! It means a whole lot to us.

LC Jan Baybay thank you for being my inspiration. You have always been my alumni crush  I still remember the night we met up at Fort. You were so fierce, so powerful. You were the epitome of what an OrCom graduate should be like. I was just there sitting across the sofa, and telling myself that I want to be just like you. Than you for all the help with the event , and for conceptualizing the campaign for responsible partying.

To the ambassadors of responsible partying ( Jana Liwanag , Phylicia Marie Pineda, Owen Domingo , Vian Carlyn Dela CruzCarl Benjamin Abesames and Miko Pascual), thank you for your time and support! (And for your charm and face value!! haha joke, but seriousy. Thank YOU SO MUCH for being so game!) And thank you to the beautiful MUA April Baldovino and the awesome photographer @Gerard Del Mundo for helping make this campaign possible.

Thank you to my supportive family for believing in me and for understanding me even when I go home late or for the times I had to go to Fort or to Pasay in the middle of the night for meetings and such. Mom, dad, thanks for believing in my passion for this. You both know how this is my dream job, and thank you for letting me grow and learn. Thank you, I love you both. To my best friend and sister, @Hiyasmin Neri , thanks for all the lessons you've taught me- from making project proposals, to MOAs to locking in partnerships. Thank you also for hosting the event with the super amazing DJ Electric (@EJ Alonso)! You guys gave life to the party. And dang EJ, you are good in what you're doing. Keep it up. You inspire me, love!  I know you're so big in the industry now, but thanks for always having time for ate and me. You are the best huggble host/DJ ever ugh I lovee you. To my ate's boyfriend/ the Kuya I never had, @james soyangco, thank you for helping me out with the logistics and the financial matters shizz. I did't know there was a lot more toparty planning than I thought. Thank you for helping me out with picking the drinks in the menu. Thank you also for the crash tutorial on financing and marketing. Oh gahd you're such a banker. HAHA. But most of all, thank you for teaching me how to use MS Excel LOL.

Thank you to my best friend ever Ken Reyes for being the most supportive person out there. Thank you for accompanying me to Divisoria, for helping me carry bagloads of stuff, for pushing away the gigantic manongs who tried to crush me at the LRT, for feeding me ice cream when I'm having a breakdown, for setting up the tech stuff during the party, for making the decorations, for taking photos, for helping me sell tickets, for everything. Everything. Than you for listening to my squeals and cries and rants and everything in between. And most of all, thank you for your presence in this milestone in my life.

And finally, thank you to the Big Guy up there for making all of this happen. This won't ever be as successful as it was without Him. Lord, you are amazing. I have no words. 





ALL PHOTOS WERE TAKEN BY THE SHOOT UPM TEAM. VISIT THEIR FB PAGE HERE.





EAN (Sigma Alpha Nu) celebrates its silver anniversary this year!! :)


Funny story.

So while I was at Divisoria to buy glowsticks for this event.


Me: Ate, saan po nakakabili ng glow sticks?

Tindera: Ah, dito. 3 pesos isa.

Me: Sige po ate, bibili ako.

Tindera: sige wait lang kunin ko pa...

-Pagbalik ni aling tindera after 2-3 minutes-

Tindera: eto oh.

Me: .....ate, glow sticks po.. hindi glue stick. -_____-

=)))))))))) huhuhu only in the Philippines!!!!!! lol


With my mommy, LC Jam :)


sisses and brods haha!



Special guest performance


Hosts of the nights: Hiyasmin Neri of ABSCBN and EJ Alonso of 103.5FM





And to cap this post off, here's an AWESOME event highlights video that Shoot UPM did!





Captivate 2013 was definitely one of the coolest stuff that I was part of this year. Heehee..

xoxo,
The Teenage Queen

*Check out my next post to see photos of preparations :))
* Check out CAPTIVATE 2013 on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Share your thoughts with us and I'll do my best to respond. :)