Monday, June 1, 2015

How to Achieve an Effortless, Messy, Just-Woke-Up Look for Girls with Short Hair

"I'm so stressed, I could chop my hair off."

And so I did.


As always, thank you to Azta Urban Salon Eastwood for their excellent service. They even gave offered me a free hair spa after, how sweet is that?

----------------
I'm not even overreacting when I said I was stressed. I was. 
And okay, a little depressed, too. 
(Well, we all were. Shout out to all UP students out there who were battling with their finals while their friends were enjoying their summer vacations. Group hug tayo. Huhu)

The month of May was all about exams, projects, paperwork, requirements, obligations, failures, and even personal problems (hala HAHA) ----and to top it all off, there's this pressure to find a company I could intern in this summer. I swear this was the most down I've been in 2015.
 It was too much for me to handle all at once.

No, I wasn't complaining. I knew we needed a few obstacles here and there to grow up.
I just needed to find an avenue to cope with everything that was happening.

And so I chopped off my hair. HAHAHAHA. (This does make sense, right??) huhu.

Coco Chanel once said, "A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life." 

Chos.

BEFORE photo. Taken the same day I had the haircut.  Notice how damaged my hair was?? Lol



Obligatory after-haircut-selfie

This was the shortest haircut I had IN YEARS, and I just wanna thank Sir Jo Tubato of Azta Urban Salon for never ever failing to amaze his clients!!


I've been a loyal Azta Urban Salon customer for 4 years now. They're the only people I trust enough to do drastic changes to my hair: from perming, to bleaching (balayage ombre), to coloring, up to chopping my hair off. Haha.


What surprised me was that short hair was actually more difficult to maintain as compared to having long hair. 

This is what I do to give my hair character and, well, spunk: 

1. After shampooing hair,  let it towel dry --but not completely-- just until it's "kinda" dry, but still cold and damp. 

2. Put hair mousse the size of a golf ball on both sides of your hair. 

3. The fun part: scrunch up your hair, mess and play around with it, and twist its ends.

4. Let it air dry.

The results?

A grody, messy, just-woke-up-and-i-dont-care look. 




I'm still experimenting ways to style short hair. Once I've mastered them, I promise to blog about more short hair styling techniques for you girls!!

xoxo,
The Teenage Queen





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Share your thoughts with us and I'll do my best to respond. :)