Sunday, September 6, 2015

Love, Madness, Poetry: Goodbye, really.

2 o'clock on a Sunday afternoon, and I think I'm ready.

2 o'clock and I remind myself that it's about time.

I'm tired of waiting and hoping for all the wrong reasons.

So I say goodbye and let go of all our "if onlys".

I say goodbye to all the things you said that left me hoping still.

I say goodbye to you, and

and I say goodbye to what could have been us.


Goodbye. I'm letting you go, not because I want to, but because I have to. And because we have to.



"So when people leave, I’ve learned the secret: let them. Because, most of the time, they have to.
 Let them walk away and go places. Let them have adventures in the wild without you. Let them travel the world and explore life beyond a horizon that you exist in. And know, deep down, that heroes aren’t qualified by their capacity to stay but by their decision to return."

—The Staying Philosophy, Isa Garcia


(Poem source: Berlin-artparasites)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Share your thoughts with us and I'll do my best to respond. :)