Sunday, October 25, 2015

NMAT Ice Cream Operations 2015 + Connecting the Dots in Life

Four years ago, I would have imagined myself to be taking the NMAT today, along with thousands of other aspirants who dream of becoming doctors to serve others.

But God has a funny way of twisting life around, and lo and behold, there was a plot twist: Just when I thought I had life figured out, I realized that being a doctor wasn't my calling, after all, so I shifted out of my pre-medicine course to pursue communications.

Sometimes, I ask myself if I made the right decision; if the risks were worth it.
 I look around and pause to reflect on life, and then deep inside, I am assured I did, because I am passionately in love with what I do.

 Steve Job once said that, "...you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something-- your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life."

Living life to the fullest is pursuing your passions, even if it means having to take a risk and go over hurdles.
-------------

Today, three of the people closest to my heart will be one step closer to fulfilling their dreams.
They're taking the National Medical Admission Test as I type this, and I couldn't be any prouder of them. There is no doubt that one day, they're going to be amazing doctors with even more amazing hearts. 

Go, Nat, Mara, and Angeline! We love and believe in you! Aim for 99+! :)


Surprised my girls with ice cream last night, just because they've been studying their butts
out the past few weeks, and ice cream is always a good idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Share your thoughts with us and I'll do my best to respond. :)