Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Your Lips MATTEr: A Review on Maybelline Velvet Matte Lips


AND I'M BACK.

I am so sorry I've been MIA you guys-- the semester really sucked the life out of me. But since we're on holiday break right now, I'm trying my really best to get back in the game. Two nights ago, during a family reunion, around six of my relatives asked me the question, "so do you still blog?"and my heart broke into pieces when I had to mutter, "not recently, I haven't"-- hence, a new post. (Daming sinabi!! wew).


Anyway, here's a product review of Maybelline's Velvet Matte Lipsticks by Color Sensational. 

(Watch this 15-second video of the color swatches of my top 4 Maybelline Velvet Matte picks for the holidays!)





Since it's the season of holiday parties once again, be picture perfect-ready by upping your lipstick game with these velvet matte babies! 

💋Products used:Products used: Nude (MAT12), Plum (MAT6), Red Orange (MAT8), Bright pink (MAT2)



Price: 299 pesos

Where to buy: Maybelline stores

Pros:
*Affordable
*Doesn't dry up the lips
* Beautiful matte finish
* Good pigmentation
*Scentless
*Cute packaging

Cons:
*Color only lasts about 3-4 hours 
* Doesn't dry-up/turn to matte quickly (Takes about 5-10 minutes)

Overall, I'd give these lippies a 3.5/5!

 Given that they're affordable at 299 pesos, it's a total steal already! You get the best value from it cause the pigmentation is really good. These come in 9 different shades to fit different moods, personalities,  and occasions, too!

Here are some photos of the velvet matte lipsticks worn (I've only tried on 5 shades as of now; I will update this post with photos of the rest of the other lippies once I try them on)

MAT3 (Bright Pink)

(all I have is a screenshot hehe sorry)

MAT5 (Orange)
 Math 5 is a wearable, refreshing shade of orange that's perfect for everyday use!

MAT 6 (Plum)
You can never, ever go wrong with plum!


MAT8 (Orange-Red)
 I love how festive this is!

MAT12 (Nude)
 I've yet to find a wearable nude shade that complements my morena skin until I found this. 

This is how MAT12 looks like worn alone

When I feel like going for a darker shade of nude, I combine it with another shade of lipstick. This is how MAT12 looks like mixed with a hint of red lipstick (I used MAC's Russian Red for this one).




Do I recommend Maybellne's Velvet Matte Lipsticks?
Absolutely! Affordable and of good quality, these lippies are perfect for on-the-go girls who can't go on a day without lipstick! lol.

Hope this review helped!

xoxo,
Hershey


PS. Have you joined my Maybelline Crazy Sale giveaway? Check this out! 


2 comments:

  1. I didn't know Maybelline had Matte Lipsticks. Would you know until when are they on sale? :) Btw, love that MAT12 (Nude)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Melissa! Their sale ended last Dec 31, but matte lipsticks are only sold for 299 pesos!! :) Thank you dear! :)

      Delete

Hey there! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Share your thoughts with us and I'll do my best to respond. :)