Friday, September 2, 2016

An Honest Review on the Maybelline #BrownNudes Lipstick Range (Includes swatches!)


I'm going to keep this as real as possible.

I grew up using Maybelline make-up. I use their products everyday (face powder, blush, 24 hr eyeshadow, mascara, etc.), but I wasn't a super huge fan of their lipsticks.

Don't get me wrong: I did love their shades and colors. I really did (see my Maybelline velvet matte lipstick review HERE). But they just weren't as pigmented and long-lasting as I wanted them to be.

Last week, I received a surprise package from Maybelline.

It looked like a purse, which I really found creative (so yay, A+ for packaging that hehe).



And inside it were a compact powder foundation, a brow pencil, and their newest range of lipsticks, the Maybelline Nude Browns.


Brown Nudes is their newest lipstick range. Each is sold for PHP 299.


(L-R): Nude Embrace, Daringly Nude, Nude Nuance, Clay Crush, and Burgundy Blush)


FIRST IMPRESSIONS: 

- The lipstick housing/ packaging looked okay. Nothing new about it.

- Their shades, however, surprised me. I LOVE how each shade perfectly matched my morena skin tone. 

- The pigmentation also surprised me. They didn't come off sheer. It's CREAMY MATTE, NOT MATTE.  Don't worry, it's NOT glossy! It's matte, but has a creamy texture to it. These were the first Maybelline lipsticks that lasted on my lips the whole day (with a few touch-ups here and there). 

- My top three favorites are the Burgundy Blush, the Nude Nuance, and the Nude Embrace.



WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS?


Yes, if you're a fan of getting dupes for MAC shades. I recommend the Burgundy Blush and the Nude Nuance. I'm a huge, huge fan of dark lipsticks, and I'm happy I found an affordable option. PHP 299 is a good deal for a drug store make-up, considering that it has a really nice color and pigmentation. 

My officemates saw me taking photos of these babies the other day, and they went gaga over them, too. And since I'm desperately trying to win friends at my new workplace (L O L), I gave Audrey and Nico Daringly Nude and Clay Crush, and kept the other three (hey, officemates! friends na tayo diba? hihi jk).

COP THE 90s LOOK CHALLENGE

Back in the 90s, brown lips were everything. 

Isn't it great to be living in a time where 90s fashion IS TOTALLY BACK? :P

Here are my 90s-inspired OOTDs (will be updating this each day). I will be using my top three favorites from the Maybelline Brown Nudes collection.


DAY 1. GIRL NEXT DOOR (NUDE NUANCE)

Nude Nuance is a brown-pink shade that I love to use for everyday wear. Read about this look HERE

Also read somewhere that it was a dupe for the Mac Whirl (~PHP 768).



Bright top: Trippy Swag on Instagram
Choker: borrowed from Audrey






DAY 2. CLASSIC PREPPY (BURGUNDY BLUSH)

Burgundy Blush is for  K W E E N S.

I always feel more confident whenever I wear dark lippies, and this one always gives me some extra oomph to get through the day!


Dress: Pacsun
Jacket: H&M




 By the way, have you joined my latest giveaway?

Win Brown Nude lippies from me! Here's how you can join:

1. Follow me on Twitter (@heyhersheyy) and on Instagram (@heyhershey)
2. Retweet THIS tweet



Good luck! :)

XX,
Hershey 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Share your thoughts with us and I'll do my best to respond. :)