Thursday, September 1, 2016

Story Time: Be Here, Now.


We’re always in a hurry, aren’t we?

We rush to get things done, and hope to get to places sooner.

We’re too busy working and hustling and planning, often pushing away family, and being too busy to meet with friends, living in high hopes that life will be better, one day.

But life isn’t a rehearsal for something later. Life is happening, now.

Stasi Eldredge once said, “Life is a tenuous thing—fragile, fleeting. Don’t wait for tomorrow. Be here now! Be here now! Be here now!”

So take a pause. Breathe. Look around. Listen. Smell the flowers. Or smell the pages of a worn out book. Laugh. Linger over coffee. Sing. Sing even if you can’t sing. Dance. Run. Write to a loved one. Don't forget to say the magic words I love you, and thank you, and I'm sorry. Remember. Be kind. Appreciate the beauty around you.

And above all things,

Love, and be grateful.

Be here now.

-------

Photo of a 6PM sunset, on my walk back home from work. Just figured out that I take this same route everyday (with the same old houses and the same old crappy road), yet I just noticed the beauty of it all tonight.

It doesn't hurt to take a pause and thank creation for the beauty it selflessly offers :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Share your thoughts with us and I'll do my best to respond. :)