Monday, October 3, 2016

PRO Beauty Contour & Wet N Wild Blush: Makeup Review and Swatches on Tan / Morena Skin

The search is over, you guys. I found my new staple blush! I've been using Bare Minerals' Golden Gate (apricot) blush since forever, and in the spirit of always trying something new, I finally got my hands on a pink blush that's really nice on tan (morena) skin! That, and I also bought a contour and highlight set.

So excited to share with you guys these goodies I discovered this month! I bought them from BEAUTY MNL, an online magazine and shop that just gets Filipinas. I'll create a separate post for my amazing, hassle-free makeup shopping experience. But in the meantime, here's a quick review on Pro Studio Beauty Exclusives' Two Color Contour, and Wet N Wild's Color Icon Blusher. (I linked the page where I saw them online so you can get it from Beauty MNL too, if ya finds yourself liking 'em).


PRO STUDIO BEAUTY EXCLUSIVES 
PHP 550

Description (source: www.beautymnl.com): 

CLAIM TO FAME: A sleek two-color compact that adds natural depth and dimension to the skin

FAST FACTS: Features two natural and nude powder-based shades; creates subtle contours and definition; colors, defines, and illuminates your cheeks and cheekbones

PERFECT FOR: Nabbing an ultra-healthy, natural glow







SWATCH!

I got the shade "Natural", which was recommended for tan / morena skin. 

The highlighter powder is white and matte, while the contour powder is REALLY pigmented (so you gotta be careful applying it)! A little really goes a long way. It stays on for hours and I love the natural, sun-kissed glow I get with it! Love, love, love!!




NO CONTOUR + HIGHLIGHT



WITH CONTOUR + HIGHLIGHT


PROS

Amazing pigmentation
Stays on for hours
Gives a natural glow
Lightweight so it's easy to carry around


CONS
It's really hard to get your hands on Pro Beauty products! They only have one branch in the Philippines (Salcedo, Makati). Good thing they're available on Beauty MNL!


Would I recommend this?
YES! YES! YES!


 WET N WILD 
PHP 299

Ah, here it is. My favorite blush at the moment! I really have a thing for (sometimes, exaggerated) pink cheeks these days, idk why, and I'm just so happy I found the perfect pink for my skin tone!!

Description (source: www.beautymnl.com):

CLAIM TO FAME: Blendable, buildable blush

FAST FACTS: Delivers blendable sheen and a radiant pop of color; treated nylon powders provide long-lasting tint; non-cakey formula applies smoothly on skin; dermatologist-tested

PERFECT FOR: A healthy and natural-looking glow



Wet N Wild's Color Icon in Berry Shimmer is a warm pink shade with red undertones and gold shimmer.



I remember scrolling through articles on Beauty MNL and stumbled upon an article about recommended makeup for morenas, and this was on the list! I immediately bought it and didn't regret a thing.

 It gives an amazing, glowy effect and I honestly think it looks even prettier the longer it's on the face (it gives a natural-looking pink!). Again, a little goes a LOOONG way cause this is also really pigmented! It's my first Wet N Wild product, and I think it's really nice for a drugstore brand. (Not to mention really affordable).

It's amazing, period. 




PROS
Really pigmented
Beautiful, dark pink color
Amazing on darker skin tones
Gives a natural-looking glow
Stays on for hours

CONS
The applicator brush that comes with doesn't really does its job (so better use your own brush)!
The color might be too flashy for some people cause it's really PINK (all caps para intense!). So if you wear this you gotta be confident and slay the look! :D

Would I recommend this?
DUH. That is, if pink is your thing. 

More photos!


BEFORE


AFTER CONTOUR + BLUSH




Thanks for reading this review! :) If you have any makeup recommendations, or if you want swatches/ reviews on certain products, feel free to tweet me over at @heyhersheyy!

Watch out for my Beauty MNL review, please!!! :D

XX,

Hershey




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Share your thoughts with us and I'll do my best to respond. :)